705 N Broadway
Wichita, KS 67214
Get Directions
Information is free & kept confidential.


Home / Blog

How Do I Put Money On An Inmate’s Books In Kansas?

To put money on an inmate’s books in Kansas, you can follow these general steps:

  1. Visit the website of the correctional facility where the inmate is located.
    • For example, if the inmate is in the Kansas Department of Corrections, visit the KDOC website at https://www.doc.ks.gov/
    • If the inmate is in a county jail, visit the website of the county sheriff’s office or detention center where they are being held.
  2. Locate the inmate trust fund or commissary section of the website.
    • Look for a link or tab labeled “Inmate Trust Fund” or “Commissary.”
    • Review the specific instructions and requirements for making a deposit, as they may vary by facility.
  3. Choose one of the available options to deposit money onto an inmate’s account:
    • Option 1: Online Deposits Many facilities offer online deposit options through third-party providers, such as JPay or Access Corrections. Follow the prompts to create an account, provide the necessary information, and make a deposit using a debit or credit card.
    • Option 2: Deposits via Mail Facilities may also accept deposits via mail, in the form of money orders or cashier’s checks. Print and fill out any required deposit slip or form, and mail it along with the payment to the address provided.
  4. Ensure that you include the inmate’s full name, ID number, and housing location on the deposit slip or envelope to ensure that the money is credited to the correct account.

The specific rules and regulations for depositing money into an inmate’s account may vary by facility, so it’s advisable to review them carefully before making a deposit.